Thursday 4 October 2007

Is the effort worth it all?

Beaver's domain, Alberta, September 2007
I'm sure the web version doesn't do the subtlety of such an image justice

So this is one of my favourite images from my last Canada trip. Simple yet complex. it displays a whole range of issues associated with my feelings coming from the early morning exploration and contemplation.

thing is it was a single capture - 1 shot, 1 view. No fancy preparation and no experimenting with exposure and framing. no search for the perfect image. yet no worse for all that (maybe better).

Should I just point and shoot? Or is it such that sometimes effort is required, sometimes not?

I don't have the answers, I'll just enjoy the results as they happen and hope I regret nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.