Friday 25 January 2008

Finally some sense from Canon

If you're not aware, PMA08 is on it's way - the big US photography show. There's a whole host of announcements but for me the most significant for me are from Canon. Why? Less megapixels. While everyone else is scrabbling for the 10, 12, 14MP pocket cameras, the latest from Canon are all in the 7-8MP range (even the new DSLR is restrained at 12MP). Hoorah! Finally an emphasis on image quality rather than marketing hype.

Couple that with the good reviews of the G9 and it looks like Canon are really pushing their photographic (as opposed to consumer electronics) credentials in the small camera market.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.