Monday 4 February 2008

SofoBoMo: I finally think I'm organised

After Paul Butzi's recent post I realised I was nowhere near organised enough. I spent the weekend correcting that.

There is one constraint on me at present (which I'm hoping to turn to an advantage) - I'm already scheduled to be away for 2 weeks of the flexible month.

Where am I now: I have my project, slightly scaled back in scope from before. I have a page layout sorted that I've trialled on similar shots to those I'll be producing for the Big Month. I also know what page size I'm going for (8.5"x11", landscape - a size that makes it easy to tweak to a variety of landscape sizes).

The only thing I'm not sure on is whether to have a fully ready-to-go book (a la Mr Butzi) or treat the exercise as something of manuscripting process (much as NaNoWriMo, which is what Colin Jago is doing).

This all comes down, I suppose, to whether one has a POD publisher in mind or not. I can't seem to find one that will do the medium size landscape format I want which doesn't help.

On the POD front, I came across this excellent article on the whole POD issue, with some excellent links at the bottom to go looking for POD offerings, including those to avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.