Thursday 21 February 2008

A world full of ordinary beauty

There is a piece running at the Daily Telegraph on this year's Deutsche Börse Photography Prize exhibition, running at the Photographers' Gallery, London. it's quite a collection of work and worth a look. It seems a little odd that much of the work was produced quite some time ago, not quite what one would expect from a contemporary art award.
Personally, I'm particularly struck by the work of John Davies, largely because he depicts a world that is instantly familiar to me. He shows views that are simultaneously ordinary, un-scenic (in a traditional sense) and yet very aesthetic as photographic work.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to John Davies, I had seen some of his work earlier, but lost the name and link. Not as familiar with his work in the US.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.