Thursday 10 July 2008

A downside of technology

We've all become used to auto this, auto that, digital everything. I ran right into the downside last night: power, or lack thereof. Having failed to put new batteries in my pocket camera, and failed to bring a charger with me, it died. Bit of a pain, as I've been shooting a series of shots with it as a sort of mini-project for the week.

And of course, as our devices become fancier, they need ever increasing amounts of power. Why hasn't someone designed a modern, slimmed-down camera that will take about 10,000 frames with a single charge of a small battery?

This is one of the things I love about my large format camera: no batteries required (apart from the meter, but I could guess that).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.