Saturday 30 May 2009

SoFoBoMo 09 pt1: book layout

I'm cracking through the layout for the first book. All the images are finally processed (did I mention how much I hate dust spotting scans?). I've figured out the overall structure. Still working on text.

I hope I can be finished over the weekend, before I head off on Tuesday.

One problem I have with this book is the difference between online and physical book formats. I intend to Blurb this one, trying out an idea I have for book layout (more on that later). If it works, it may become my standard for printed books. Trouble is, there is no direct way in an online version to mimic the physical experience I'm trying to create. In the end, I'm going for a compromise which may end up looking a bit funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.