Sunday 17 May 2009

SoFoBoMo 09 pt1: roll 1

Now I've taken the photos it's time to do the processing. I realised about the time that I started the scan inversions that I've picked what is probably the most labour intensive processing route for me: colour negatives. Oh well, I've made that bed and shall have to lie in it.

This is the proof sheet from the first of the 4 rolls. These are pretty untouched - linear scanned as a positive, inverted with ColorNeg (which includes white balance adjustment). A couple needed shadow/highlight adjustment at this point. Proof created with Lightroom print module: I created 2 versions, this JPEG and a pdf (using pdf995 print driver). The latter I'll use for making paper selections.

This first project is now entitled "On England's pleasant pastures seen" which is a collection of photos from around Norfolk. Title taken from Blake's poem "And did those feet in ancient time" better know as the hymn "Jerusalem".

I'll post the other proof sheets over the next couple of days as well as more thoughts on the whole editing process as I go.

2 comments:

  1. At a closer look, I like 708, 727 and 736 best. I wonder what that says about myself? It will be interesting to see which photos you select from the almost 150 that were taken in the four rolls. And, I look forward to the final project as they are tied together with text. Good luck with the rest of the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments. Those are some of my favourites from this lot, too. I also like 732, largely because it was so surprisingly well exposed (by that time it was getting fairly dark).

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.