Sunday 7 June 2009

My perfect landscape lens

Following on from the work I was doing during the workshop this week, I've come up with my idea of the perfect landscapes lens.

What would it be? A 28-150mm (35mm equivalent) f/2.8, tilt-shift macro. Needs to focus down to about 10-12". I don't mind that it would almost certainly be manual focus only. It would also be nice to have a lens collar and foot; if mounted cleverly, I could get lens and body movements.

What motivates this choice? Firstly the movements - having used a view camera a couple of weeks earlier, I missed having camera movements for plane of focus control. Second, the range of focal lengths is what I use most in landscape work and meant a lot of lens changing this past week. (Although I did find some good uses for a 300mm in landscape work.) Finally the macro for close-up, particularly the creamy bokeh that comes with a lens designed for close-up work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.