Monday 22 June 2009

SoFoBoMo 09 pt4: completed

Seafront cover, my 4th SoFoBoMo 2009 entry

I've not been blogging the progress of this one, partly due to the novel format and partly because I was able to complete it so quickly.

Find the file at the SoFoBoMo website. 6.7MB, about 60 images (I didn't count) but one of the lowest page counts.

It's an experiment in online presentation of an idea, so I welcome comments particularly on the format.

Now I finished my SoFoBoMo efforts for the year, i can spend more time looking at some of the others, more time doing other things I should and some time reflecting. I'll be posting a personal wrap-up towards the end of the week.

3 comments:

  1. As an example of a similar layout, see this year's sofomobo book Lightness. I think you layed out the images very well, with left side of the "page" having pictures as viewing towards this end of the beach, and corresponding on the right side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, I'd already seen Lightness. I wanted to take the idea a bit further. And yes, the images are laid out geographically from left to right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't viewed Lightness (I will now), so I found this layout quite different and striking. I especially like the photos that appear to be set up in preparation for blending into panorama. The roughness (I hope that makes sense. I'm tired and not at all sure I am communicating) of that arrangement feels surprisingly right somehow.

    I have enjoyed both of your other books and your experiment in presentation is intriguing, as well as enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.