Sunday 21 March 2010

Hyporeality learning

Hyporeality 87, Manila, March 2010

As I take more pictures for this series I'm learning some useful things about my photography:
  • This is turning out to be some of my favourite work.
  • It is making me think clearly about the relationship between forms and colours in a way sharp photos don't.
  • It makes me more reactive to the things around me. Better results seem to come from a looser shooting style.
  • I expect this work to continue for quite some time - it is a method and style easily translated to other places and subjects.
  • It's fun to do, which keeps me wanting to do it.

1 comment:

  1. It's good when you find something that makes you want to keep picking up your camera to improve yourself as a photographer. I think self set projects are essential.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.